To me, i would think (if and only if i'm a businessman) it's as below:
1. Create a 'trouble' for the so call 'customers' where they would need to deal with that 'trouble' everyday;
2. Make those 'customers' to pay for the trouble created.
3. Create another so called 'convenient way' for the payment with additional charges; else if you wanna pay, please wait.
4. Create another so called 'temporary solution' to the trouble when everybody's not very happy with the trouble.
5. Sometimes when in good mood, give some rewards or discounts to 'patronize' them.
No? Believe it or not? It's happening in the world i'm living in...